How much does it cost to rent out my unused garden space through PotPlace?
Occupancy Agreement, Management & Support Pricing
Earn a generous weekly rental income by renting out your spare backyard space to a friendly cannabis gardener.
As you’ve probably heard, cultivation of up to 2 cannabis plants per person (to a maximum of 4 per property) without the use of artificial light or heat was legalized in the Australian Capital Territory on the 31st of January, 2020.
Each property can support a maximum of 2 separate marijuana-friendly garden plots – and with individual plots expected to fetch rental prices of $80 or more a week – it’s an easy and profitable way to get the most out of your unused garden space.
From advertising through to occupant criminal and background screening, open home concierge, contract preparation, legal compliance and even representation at the ACT Civil & Administrative Tribunal (ACAT) if ever necessary; our affordable pricing structure covers everything involved in finding a suitable, paying “occupant” for your designated cannabis growing space.
Advertising & Photography
One-Off Listing & Photography FeeA small one-time charge that covers listing your space for rent, including photography and description text.
- We will visit your property and take photographs of your space, as well as write a brief description for your listing, to ensure the best advertisement possible.
- Full refund if we can’t find you a suitable Occupant for your property.
Legally Binding Contracts & Ongoing Support
Personalized Occupancy Contracts & Support SubscriptionWe supply you with a 100% legal, by the book and legally binding Occupancy Agreement and provide full support and liaison throughout the life of your rental agreement.
- We’ll provide you with an amended version of an Occupancy Agreement and Contracts to sign on finding a successful tenant, all 100% within the bounds of the Residential Tenancies Act 1997.
- You’ll have access to our mediation service and Grantor Support Line for advice at any stage of your Occupancy Agreement.
- We’ll represent you in Tribunal or other legal forms if any repercussions arise as the result of your Occupancy Agreement.
- We will screen candidates and provide you with a brief profile of who they are and other important information.
- You can decide on whether to hold viewings privately or invite your selected candidates all at once. Your privacy and security is our priority.
- You manage the property and the relationship yourself, however all of the rules are already laid out within your agreement ready to go for you.
- Contracts & Handling Fee only payable on successfully signed Occupancy Agreement.
Ready to get started?
The first step is to speak with a member of the PotPlace team who can answer any questions you may have and to organize a time to assess your backyard’s suitability.
Fill in the form below and we’ll be in touch within 24 hours.